So as you well know, Brian and I are quite new at this whole parenting thing. Claire started a new behavior this week, it is heartbreakingly cute and very hard not to just scoop her up and hold her close(which I do.....can't help it)
It started around Saturday. We have been telling Claire "No" in a stern voice whenever she was doing something she shouldn't be. Since she has started to crawl and get into things, we have been saying it MUCH more. Her reaction would usually be to look at us quizzically and then move on to something else. Lately, she has been jutting out her lower or "Bompa" lip, it quivers mind you, and her eyes well up with tears. Then to make it even more heartbreaking she buries her head in her arms or on the floor and sobs. It is heartbreaking!! I have been a preschool/kindergarten teacher for 8 years and trust me, I have made MANY children cry but nothing compares to this. I guess we(I, really) need to grow a thicker skin when it comes to our punky's tears or we(I) am going to be in big trouble!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment